Lady Gaga: Polar Bears, Russian Mafia, Fire, Oh My!

11.12.2009 Leave a Comment


Basically, Lady Gaga's video for her new single "Bad Romance" (which, I admit, is growing on me) is the most nonsensical music video ever.
That is, unless razor blade sunglasses and futuristic white coffins make sense to you. I'm almost sure they don't. The video features Gaga in a variety of fantastical and somewhat creepy outfits, including the return of that orbit suit she wore during her SNL performance. She also debuts some stellar outfits from the Alexander McQueen show. But mostly, she's just crazy. See it for yourself:



But WAIT! There's a plot to this. Lady Gaga herself said:

"There's this one shot in the video where I get kidnapped by supermodels. I'm washing away my sins and they shove vodka down my throat to drug me up before they sell me off to the Russian mafia."

Hmm.. the Russian Mafia always adds a twist. But I still say the best scene is the amazing hovering-diamonds scene. Regardless, Lady Gaga might actually have a valid reason for being crazy occasionally: her head is full of deep plots to thriller novels.

0 comments »